Rock @ L

Life is too hectic once you are in a B-School of the stature of IIML (No, I am not bragging when I say that). Watch out what is happening in the life of a fresher, straight from an UG college to a B-School and struggling for survival here.

Friday, August 04, 2006

The terrible tuesday


The terrible tuesday was a black day indeed. With some 180 bodies losing their soles, the powerful blasts ripping the roof off the train compartments, and hundereds of people getting injured, the day will bring haunting memories to residents of the city.
I remember, I was solving one of the intricate mysteries of an accounting course when I heard this news. Taken aback, I tried to call people. Being from IIT Bombay, I had an umpteen amount of friends in Mumbai, most of them now employed in the areas where the blasts took their toll. I was worried but phone lines were not reachable. The network was out....
On logging on to messenger, I could talk to Anil who was himself worried. Singla had not reached the hostel. I kept trying the phone lines with desperation.
Every second which passed thereafter was haunting...till I got a call from Shrankhla who confirmed the well being of everybody. Hah, what a great relief it was.
I could not sleep that night. Kept thinking about those people who were still searching their lost ones and had not been able to find them. Worse were those who had find the names of their dear ones in the hospital notice boards. How they could have reconciled? The thought of the same gives me shivers and chills my bones even now.
What for?
180 people died and many got wounded badly. Most of the wounded are now in an irrecoverable stage which can be worse than death for many. Sometimes I wonder, what the people responsible for blasting of the lifeline of Mumbai got out of it. It remains unexplained. People try to attach logic to this, but this is the most ultra-logic deed by any means of imagination. Hate to the level of desperation leads to crime but the crime of this sort? What amount of detestation and execration would lead to this, I do not understand. Isn't is astonishing that people involved in this crime are Indian citizens only (atleast it is being speculated this way).
Communalism! is this the cause. No way! Blasts do not ask the ethinicity, religion, and country when they rip somebody apart. If communalism is the reason, I propose an IQ test for these miscreants who cannot understand the logic as simple as above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home