Rock @ L

Life is too hectic once you are in a B-School of the stature of IIML (No, I am not bragging when I say that). Watch out what is happening in the life of a fresher, straight from an UG college to a B-School and struggling for survival here.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

People keep asking me...

"Why did not you go to Georgia Tech?" The answer follows:
Some incidents in our lives can trigger a thought process which culminates in completely altering our aspirations and the meaning of success to us. My US Visa interview was one such event. Although, I was granted the Visa but the way I was treated in the interview was nothing better than scathing. I was repeatedly questioned about my intentions to return back to India accompanied with comments like “Every Indian says so, nobody returns”. This really hurt me a lot. I thought long and hard, enquired about some people who left for US at an identical conjecture and concluded that my success does not lie in earning accolades for some fundamental research, in a nation which neither respects me or my nation, but in contributing my little bit for the growth of common men of my nation, which will earn me the required respect. Hence, I decided to drop the offer and stay back in India.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vipin Kumar said...

finally i got the answer, when i come to know that you are staying here to do mba i thought, but he was interested in research. I wanted to ask you why did you chose so? Glad to hear the reason you based your decision upon :)

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home